Posting My Wildtree Events, Products, Recipes and Healthy Simple solutions to help you make great meals for your family.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Soup is Good












Day 15 and we are doing fine.. Yesterday I roasted a turkey breast for dinner. Today I made soup.. No those are not noodles.. but bamboo shoots! They look like noodles though, don't ya agree? Since canned soups are off limits but homemade soups are allowed I chopped zuchinni, mushrooms,
sweet peppers, onion and celery with chunks of turkey. Poured some chicken stock into the turkey juices from roasting the turkey added a handful of parsley, a sprinkle of
 redpepper flakes, black pepper but no salt, poured it all together and put the pot
 on the stove to simmer.  I would Like to serve it with a crusty bread roll but  thats not been added yet to our menu of things we can eat. Instead it
 will be whole grain cracker & string cheese, sliced tomato and 1/2 avacado. Now tell me this is Good!

3 comments:

  1. I am enjoying reading your entries and have some more catching up to do. Thank you for sharing. Gerry, a new follower~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved soups. This sounds wonderful! blessings,KATHLEEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    Congratulations on your weight loss for both you and your husband.
    I to am losing and lost 8 a good start have cut out carbohydrates so this recipe is a must Thanks for posting it
    Always
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete