Posting My Wildtree Events, Products, Recipes and Healthy Simple solutions to help you make great meals for your family.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Yes, I cheated...


I cheated I admit it.. I was under the gun and needed a quick cookie for an exchange. They were easy to do and to eliminate the last minute stress ( which nobody needs during the holidays) I found Betty Crocker limited edition Gingerbread Cookie Mix is a real time saver. Only three ingredients are added to the mix -- butter or margarine, water and an egg.  They taste good ... not as good as homemade good but I would give them a whirl again. I made some into snaps and mixed up an easy powdered sugar icing..added  with a hint of lemon extract. These would be great for a bake sale item anytime..  You can find the cookie mix in any supermarket.  Be sure the package says "Gingerbread Cookie mix".
 Do you see those  Creamy Caramels? Those are fun to make too and  were a special request from my daughter and sister for Christmas.  Since I was in the mood I made a batch...It was fun to wrap them in recycled butter wrappers for a cute country presentation. The recipe is from Mary Janes Farm Girl Magazine Dec-Jan 2009 page 107.  I'd be happy to email the recipe if requested...  Now I must get started on a few Christmas cards and cross that of my growing holiday list.. Be Happy and Enjoy your time in your Kitchen..Stress free.....I hope.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment