Posting My Wildtree Events, Products, Recipes and Healthy Simple solutions to help you make great meals for your family.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Oh, the famous Crock Pot

 Did you get a crock pot for Christmas? Perhaps like me, you already have one or have just relocated it in the back of your pantry cupboard? 
I love my crock pot.  Tomorrow we are going back on our "healthy meal plan" starting tomorrow. I know the word DIET is ugly so we prefer to call our food intake now as our eating healthy meal plan. 
First of all I had to remove all the goodies from sight.( no not to the trash,, or given away) I still have those  just tucked away ... for a better time..
We are going to be shopping the"outside" aisles of the grocery stores and using food from our pantry & freezer that are the "Good for us foods"..  I hope you will follow along and try some of these "good for us" meals..I'd like to hear from you as to what you have tried and how you like them.

One of the easy & best dishes I like is on our meal plan and delicious.

Crock-pot Chicken Cordon Bleu
4 chicken breasts
 4 low fat mozzarella cheese slices
4 ham slices halved 
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
3 Tablespoons  milk
1 Tablespoon Sherry ( optional)
1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Pepper
Flatten the chicken breasts with a wooden mallet ( or rolling pin) be sure to thoroughly wash the utensils and board you used for the chicken.
Cover each flattened breast with a slice of cheese and ham.  Roll in half & Secure with toothpicks. In a skillet brown the chicken. Arrange in crock pot. Combine the soup and remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve with a salad of  fresh lettuce or spinach.  
Now you are cookin' ....  Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment