Friday, November 11, 2011
Yummy... Jerky Time
Dear Blog Followers........I am Back in the kitchen....
Today is the day.. I am marinading my beef strips for jerky. I make this every year for Christmas gifts and thought I'd tweak the recipe a bit and sample this batch before making a the "gift batch."
Using your choice: ( I am using Beef today.)
Here is My Blue Sky Beef Jerky recipe:
(Beef,Chicken,Pork,Turkey, Buffalo, Deer, Elk )
Serves 15 or so..
4 lbs, Top round, flank steak, London broil, or carne’asada beef
2 tsp Black pepper
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp cayenne pepper , more if you like it hot
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp original liquid smoke or mesquite flavor
¼ cup soy sauce or low sodium soy sauce
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Trim all fat off meat
2. Cut steak into 4 in strips
3. Meat should be about 1/4-to ½ inch thick
4. It’s easier to cut meat partially frozen
5. Pound meat lightly, you don’t want it too thin
6. Add all ingredients in a large bowl
7. Mix well
8. Cover and refrigerate over night at least 8 hours
9. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil
10. Place steak strips on sheet, don’t overlap
11. Set oven to lowest temp.150-175)
12. Bake 6-7 hours, turn after 3 ½ hours
13. Jerky is done when the meat is dried out, depending on your oven.
14. Worth the wait!