Posting My Wildtree Events, Products, Recipes and Healthy Simple solutions to help you make great meals for your family.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

You want to learn how to cook?



Okay,  I must confess I used to be a personal chef.  I also was the chef in a small tearoom owned by my sister and me. No I did not go to culinary school,  I have no  formal cooking education but Cooking is a passion I have had for years. I love to cook....I have posted a few  posts of my cooking, recipes and as you can see by the last post I have been out of this kitchen long enough.... I have heard many times " I don't cook much" or" I don't know how to cook" It is time to learn if you want to follow along. I will be using this blog site to give helpful hints on how you can save time and make a delicious dish your family and friends will rave about. Are you ready? It will be fun if you don't take things too seriously.. Relax.... we all  have made cooking mistakes....
I will include  suggestions  when recipes fail because you  misread recipes and daily distractions have interrupted you. Measurements & Substitutions,  Quick fixes and Cooking terms. I will post some  pictures as we move about in the kitchen.
First you need to put on your apron, move a bit closer and take down a few notes if you want. Pour yourself a cup of tea, or coffee, any beverage, or even a glass of wine if you like..If you have any questions please leave it  in the comment box, others may have the same question and I can  answer it for everyone.
First thing to have is a well  stocked pantry with the basics. This  provides all the makings for a good meal.  It also means avoiding those extra trips to the grocery store, saving you time and money.. Although every one's pantry is different, there are some basic items you should have. Add other items according to your family's needs.  Make out your grocery list and  pick up an extra item now and  then to avoid having to purchase everything  your first trip out. Sometimes grocers offer buy one get one free offers. Take advantage of those. Don't forget refrigerated items like milk eggs, cheese and butter. You may already have these some or all of these  items:  Today, we will check only your staples.. next your Packaged/Canned foods and lastly Spices/Seasonings
Are you ready?
STAPLES
Bakers chocolate
Baking powder
Baking soda
BBQ sauce
Bread crumbs plain and seasoned . (I will give you a recipe to make your own too)
chocolate chips
cocoa power
corn meal
crackers
corn meal
flour
honey
Ketchup
lemon juice
Mayonnaise or salad dressing
non stick cooking spray
nuts ( almonds, pecans,walnuts)
oatmeal
oil  ( olive and vegetable oil )
pancake baking mix
pancake syrup
Peanut butter
Shortening
Sugar ( granulated, brown and powdered)
Vinegar
Now how does your pantry look.. Need something? Don't go to the store without your list or any coupons.  Remember Cooking  can be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment