Posting My Wildtree Events, Products, Recipes and Healthy Simple solutions to help you make great meals for your family.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blueberry Popovers

This recipe was given to me by my mother-in law when I lived in England. They are very easy to make and I think you might want to add any other fruit of your choice.



Easy Popovers

1 ½ cups all purpose flour
¾ teaspoon alt
3 large eggs
1 ½ cups milk
4 Tablespoons butter


In large bowl mix flour & salt.  Make a well in the center.
In another bowl beat eggs & milk together.
Gradually pour milk & egg mixture into the well of flour.
Mix until slightly lumpy do not over mix.


Set aside for 30 minutes at least to 1 hour.  Preheat oven to 425
 Put 1 tsp of butter in each muffin cup. Melt in hot oven about 1 minute . Remove from oven & pour evenly the batter into the cups. Bake until popovers are puffed and golden brown. ( about 20 minutes) Turn out popovers and serve warm.
(I add blueberries, stir into batter before placing in the cups) just before baking.. Just sprinkle a few into the mixture.
Bon appetite!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment