Posting My Wildtree Events, Products, Recipes and Healthy Simple solutions to help you make great meals for your family.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Quick Bread with Olives

I was thinking since its cold and wintry outside, my kitchen needed to smell warm & cozy inside so of course the first thing that popped into my  mind was some baked bread for dinner tonight . I am fixing chicken & rice casserole and what could be better than a quick bread... This is an olive loaf topped with a sprinkle of grated cheese. Does certain food just sound good on a cold winter day to you?

 The recipe is a Basic quick Bread dough. I added four different flavors of olives, Green with pimento, green with stuffed almonds, Green with stuffed jalapeno peppers& garlic and plain black olives.Then I added some thyme leaves and some cumin and about 1/2 tsp of capers. I didn't measure, Just eyeballed it.. The olives were salty so no need to add salt, but if you do use it sparingly. I used a mixture of cheese, Monterrey Jack & Medium Cheddar. Baked about 50 minutes in a 350 oven and that's it... Spread a bit of butter and had my husband try it.. He thinks the texture is similar to cornbread.. I can live with that.. and I think serving slices warm or cold will do fine.  Do you have a favorite savory bread to serve with   soups & casseroles? I'd love to try one of yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment