Posting My Wildtree Events, Products, Recipes and Healthy Simple solutions to help you make great meals for your family.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Split Pea Soup Time

 Its soup time... Today it was Split Pea soup, one of my favorites.
Easy to make and ever so good.
I usually start with a ham hock, but I only had panchetta in my freezer so that does me fine.     I fried it a bit and added it to the pieces of ham that I had cubed. Set aside. Poured about 1  1/2 cups of dry green peas into enough water to cover them. Added a sprinkling of salt ( not too much if  not sure of how salty the ham& panchetta are ) add a bit of pepper & celery seed, you can add more salt more later if necessary.   I also usually use a few chopped up carrots but today  used parsnips..And about 3/4 cup chopped onion.  


 Cook those together until peas are tender.. add the ham & panchetta bits and continue cooking until soup thickens about 20 minutes on medium heat.  Now doesn't that look good?  How about adding some crusty sour dough bread...


This makes a nice quick supper and leftovers are yummy too..
Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment