Posting My Wildtree Events, Products, Recipes and Healthy Simple solutions to help you make great meals for your family.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Day # 12 and the only thing Stuffed is Cabbage

Well, I have made it to day 12. This Cleansing diet is really pretty easy.   I said before its  fruits, vegetables and lean meat.
Which has been easy for me.. I love salads and a lot of my lunches are salads...
For dinner however...I must say.."Only the cabbage is stuffed.. What a good feeling.."
I made this recipe from cleansing menu last week.  It was a bit bland.  Tonight I will Spice it up a bit and I am sure it will be much better.
If you like cabbage rolls I am sure you will enjoy this recipe. I spiced mine up with a chili sauce and replaced the broccoli with shreaded cabbage.(for more cabbage flavor.

Doesn't it look good?



Stuffed Cabbage
4 large cabbage leaves
1/2 lb lean ground beef
2 cups mushroms, washed& sliced
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 teasp. chopped parsley
 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. dry onion flakes
1/2 cup tomatoe sauce.
Cook the cabbage leaves in boiling salted water until tender. Rince in cold water,  drain&  set side.
Heat nonstickskillet, add ground beef,mushrooms,broccoli,parsely oregano, salt& pepper.
Cover & cook on medium heat. stirring occassionally until vegetables are tender & beef is no longer  pink.
Preheat oven to 350  remove about 1 in. from core end of cabbage leaf. Place 1/4 mixture in center of each leaf. Roll tightly tucking inth esides to enclose filling.
Place filled  rolls seam side down in a baking dish. Combine the onion flakes & tomato sauce and pour over the stuffed cabbage.  Bake 20 minutes. 
Bon Appetite!

2 comments:

  1. Now only if I could get you to cook for me! Yummy, Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    This looks and sounds sooo yummy! It's been a long time since I've made these ~ thanks for sharing your recipe:)
    Hugz,
    Cathy♥♥

    ReplyDelete