Posting My Wildtree Events, Products, Recipes and Healthy Simple solutions to help you make great meals for your family.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Yum! Asparagus and Zuchinni Crudi

Taken from one of my favorite chef's recipe book "Giada'Kitchen"











A really yummy summer salad. I know it's not summer yet but the asparagus is so good right now and "crudi" means raw and the freshness of raw vegetables is a welcomed accompaniment to the pasta dish I  am preparing tonight with oven baked pork chops. I am trying to incorporate more fresh vegetables into my meals and this is one of my favorites. Look at those pretty curled zuchinni strips.. Sliced with a peeler.. to resemble thin pale noodles..I substituted a 3 year aged cheddar for the 1 oz Pecorino Romano Cheese called for.
Bon Appetite!


Asparagus and Zuchinni Crudi

4 -6servings
2 medium zuchinni trimmed
4-6 stems of asparagus
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T fresh lemon juice
dash of salt
fresh ground pepper
1 ounce Percorno Romano Cheese.

In small bowl combine  olive oil, lemon juice,salt & pepper. Mix well. then drizzle over the vegetables. toss to coat. Use the veetable peeler to shave the cheese over the salad & serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment