Posting My Wildtree Events, Products, Recipes and Healthy Simple solutions to help you make great meals for your family.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sugar & Spiced Bacon treat







I am back to cooking... Today I had my Charming Chick chapter of Mary Janes Farmgirls over for a Spring Brunch  & Meeting. I served these delicious, and simple bacon strips. * recipe from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade May -june issue
Delicious and a real crowd pleaser.  I Lined a baking sheet (with sides ) with foil.  Placed a rack in on top of the foil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl mixed 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of Black pepper and 1/4 cup (oven roasted to bring out the flavor) pecan bits chopped kinda fine..  place in shallow baking pan, pressed 12 slices thick   bacon strips  laid them on the rack on the baking sheet & placed them in the hot oven baked for 25 minutes.. Yummy! I served them with blueberry muffins and a recipe I posted an earlier time of German Cream of Wheat pudding. and Mimosas.. A great Spring brunch. I hope you will try  the recipe..I know you will love it.

2 comments:

  1. As a cookbook collector, I thought I'd invite you to participate in the giveaway for a cookbook over on my blog.

    Have fun with it,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this bacon, and it is marvelously delicious!

    ReplyDelete